Disappointment.

We decided after three months of trying on our own at home to go to a doctor. Our hope was to inseminate with the doctor for month four but the clinic scheduled us with the wrong doctor. We had to make a new appointment, met with the doctor, and hoped to inseminate with her for month five. She was out of town when I ovulated and the clinic couldn’t make it work with another doctor (they have three doctors who inseminate – ours and another were out of town, the third was in surgery the day I needed to schedule). I got a positive on the ovulation kit today so called the office – they are closed. They are not supposed to be closed but it snowed last night and is still snowing. In the PNW, that means things are closed. I have called 32 times and gotten the recording or a busy signal each time. They are not open on the weekends so if I don’t talk to them today I can’t schedule an insemination this weekend. 

I’m so upset. We’re trying to figure out if we send the sperm back and pay for storage and skip this month or if we go ahead and do it on our own. We have not been successful yet doing it on our own so another one seems like a waste but we also don’t want to skip a month. Our next ovulation is over new years so we already expect problems with the office then. I guess we have today to make the decision and I’ll keep calling but things seem pretty hopeless. If they haven’t answered the last 36 times chances are it isn’t going to happen.

Advertisements

Posted on December 6, 2013, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.

  1. twomamasonebaby

    Oh no! No, no, no. I’m so sorry, my friend. I’d keep calling, you never know. Thinking good thoughts for you.

  2. That is so frustrating and so unprofessional. I hope they get their act together, and I think you would be very justified in finding a different clinic and telling this one exactly how to shove it.

  3. 57 call today (I sound insane) – all busy or the recording. No way to leave a message. We’re going to inseminate on our own because I can’t stand the thought of sending the sperm back.

    I’m going to call Monday and ask the doctor to call me. We REALLY liked her which makes this even more frustrating. Our next insemination will be around New Years so I’d like to know now if we’re going to have problems. I’ll decide after that conversation if we are switching to the much more expensive specialist instead. At this point, I don’t think I’m going to be very nice in that conversation.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: